Sunday, March 11, 2012

Realistic Expectations

I've had a successful last couple of days where I have felt like I have more control over my breathing and fear of possible relapse. I finished off a week where I was able to get in some decent spinning sessions at United Therapeutics and a couple of runs (one on the treadmill and one at the house). I have still yet to brave the swim, and for that reason I have decided to pull out of all the upcoming spring races, except for The Doughman which Dain has convinced me to participate in even though I swore I would never do this race again after my last run in 2009.

I will still attend the races to cheer on the AE team members that we have racing and this will allow me to do some coaching for the athletes looking to set PR's like Morven, Maddy, Lauren, Rachel, and Roger. I'm sad that I have to retire for the spring but am looking forward to coming out in the summer with a clearer lung and head and looking to make up some lost ground. Still debating on the sinus surgery that I had to move due to the pneumonia... may wait a year on that or just decide to go for it in April or May once the follow-up chest x-ray is cleared and I can build my immune system back up.

For now, I train when I can, I lift even more, and I am trying to get the new location at UT up and established so I don't have to waste too much time with paperwork when I start cranking the training back up when Zimm returns in May. I will continue to post my workouts and progress as I go...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this week...already looking forward to May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you temporarily sidelined, why do I get the feeling you're going to train us even harder? I think we'll be wishing you the speediest of recoveries as we suffer!

    ReplyDelete