Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Engine 2

This is the end of the 3rd day on the Engine 2 Diet and my body seems to be OK. I lack some energy every once in awhile between breakfast and lunch and then again between lunch and dinner. I have found some Vega Sport bars and protein supplements to help combat the hunger. The dinners are the hardest. This is where I usually pile on the meat and boost my calories with dense protein foods. I was surprised at how good some of the dishes on the Week 1 menu were. Hoping my energy levels will be there when I need them on Saturday for the Little River 10 Miler.

Kenny reminded me that I should probably take it a little easier tomorrow, but the plan calls for a 5 mile mid tempo paced run and I think I'll try and do my best to stick with that. My ultimate goal is a half marathon in the 1:30s and I need to stay focused to get there. I need to get into the water as well since I haven't been in the pool in 4 weeks. Will try tomorrow to do them both and Friday will just be heavy upper body weights (meat-style with David Hey).

The Little River 10 Miler will definitely be interesting as it is a trail run with lots of ups and downs. These type of races are tough to navigate through the crowd and will be hard to get into a rhythm. We have entered the team competition and our top 4 finishers will place to give the team average. I have recruited a strong team and will most likely be the 4th time with Rachel, Kenny, and David Tallon in front of me.

Happy to have Kenny and Andrea come into town the night before and will most likely take a small one meal break from the E2 Diet to have some pizza and beer with Kenny after the race. I'm planning on using the water on the course for now, although may change my mind and go with the Nathan backpack. I will be taking some Honey Stinger gels with and without caffeine with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment