Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Us Against The World

It was a tough 2011... perhaps one of the hardest years that I've endured in awhile. I get nostalgic when I think of what I've left behind and lost as well as those found memories created that will last forever. Life throws a lot at you and you can't be prepared for everything. The true test is your reaction to those things that you did not plan for... How do you respond? How do you move on?

When the clock struck midnight and we went into 2012, I let out a sigh of relief. I let go of a lot of pain, pent up anger, and frustrations of failure. I decided it was time to step forward into the light and walk with the reassurance that someone is looking out for me amidst the chaos. I have set some lofty personal goals as well as make-or-break business decisions in our 6th year at ActivEdge. I have learned a lot the past year and am not backing down and giving in for 2012. This is a breakout year.

In these past several weeks to close out the year, I've been listening to the new Coldplay album and have been drawn to the song, Us Against The World. It opens with the line, "Oh morning come bursting, the clouds, Amen. Lift off this blindfold, let me see again."

I will never forget 2011. I have several found memories and wish I could turn back the clock on some special moments with the kids. I love my family, and even on the hardest days, Caroline, Braden, and Eli, are always there with a smile. It's taken me seven steps to take one forward to get to here, but nonetheless, hello 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment