Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Here in NC we have had rain in the forecast for nearly every day for the past 2 weeks and it's looking about the same for the next week. I've been lucky enough to still get most of my training in depite and haven't gone too stir crazy. My typical routine these days is the following:

Mon - Weights or swim and a tempo run
Tue - Pilates class and spin class (both of which I teach AND participate)
Wed - Masters swim class and interval run
Thu - Weights and spin class (again, teaching the class)
Fri - Tempo run and recovery swim
Sat/Sun - one of those days long bike and weights and the other OFF

The Tour de France started and I'm all pumped again for the great scenery and action with the young up and coming riders. Here's my picks for top 5:

1) Contador - best rider but not on the best team.. will he be enough to carry the load?
2) Fromme - strong team and Wiggins out gives the overall favorite a good chance
3) Teejay - this was my original pick for the 3rd spot but his teammate Cadel Evans is not looking his age at all and Teejay may need to wait another year to make him move. Swap with Cadel if he has the legs to go the distance. This will be a BMC rider no doubt.
4) Andy Schleck - a weaker than average team for him may cost him a shot at podium so I bump him down to 4th
5) Richie Porte - the new 2nd man for Sky will have to be strong enough to help Fromme when needed and he may just slide into the top 5 because of that

Looking forward to watching todays stage on the DVR when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment